Not the timing chain but spark knock

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Not the timing chain but spark knock

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ricebike 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I was at the dealership this morning for a rattling sound and thought it was the timing chain problem that everyone else has had. It turns out I’m having spark knock problems and the dealer says they can do nothing about it. I really don’t know what to do. Has anyone else had spark knock and what was the cause of it.

markathome
    Participant

Find another dealer…
    I haven’t heard of spark knock on a car since my grandmother had problems with that on her 1977 Ford LTD, ha.

prince
    Participant

if do have an extended warranty, and your odometer had 40k miles on it, have replace your belt, if you wanna keep your van then flush your transmission oil if possible. afterwards you will feel comfortable. they must change your belt its your right, they are just giving you not relevant comment which you dont know. for short, an excuse or alibi, they are saving $$$$$$$$ by not fixing your vehicle. they are mighty smart.

ricebike
    Participant

maybe you had gas that has too low of an octane rating…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.