odometer temperature fuel gauge display

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest odometer temperature fuel gauge display

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  mdamaso 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

en

I have a problem with odometer temperature fuel gauge display – Quest’04. The odometer doesn’t show a digit all the time: one is gone so all other numbers at this position have missing one’s parts. The temperature gauge display is gone completely. I had this problem before and it went away itself. It looks like that a rain could cause this making some parts wet or something like that. Did anyone have this problem before? Any fix?

Thx,
    Finch

mobil1
    Participant

I just fixed that on my 2005. You have to pry off the console cover (I did mine with just my fingers.) There are 3 clips under the black frame part in the front and three in the back. After you get the cover off, there is a wiring harness right at the top above the speedo. If you jiggle this around, you’ll probably notice the fuel/mileage display flicker. I just unplugged and plugged it back in a couple times and it’s good now. The pins must get moisture or corrosion in it which affects the connection during cold or moist weather.

Good luck…

en

I tried your fix and it didn’t work for me. The pins look fine to me. The problem could be in the LCD display. If I look at the display from different angle I can see the reading, not clear but I can see it. I tried to rub the LCD with my finger and at one point it worked but them it stopped again. But definitely the problem occurs in moist weather.

atomico22
    Participant

the issue only in cold/moister weather but in hot days was working fine. i replaced the lcd display with a used cluster that i got in ebay for about $30 now it is working fine

merlyn
    Participant

at 183,000 my Quest is doing this,how do i get the cover of the display pod

promek
    Participant

how did you program the mileage in, I heard you need to program to match up the mileage from your car to the new one installed

Titanthunder
    Participant

if you are just replacing the display, you do not need to program the new mileage in, that is only if you are replacing the whole unit with the computer module.

questfreak
    Participant

Hi there, did you buy the whole cluster for 30 bucks or was is it just the lcd thingy?

Thanks.

smoovedriver

im having the same problem. How exactly did you remove the console cover? Do you just pull it up slowly? im afraid i will pull it the wrong way and break it….please if you could send me a detailed description of what you did it would be appreciated… my email is andreduhgiant@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help.

smoovedriver

im having the same problem. How exactly did you remove the console cover? Do you just pull it up slowly? im afraid i will pull it the wrong way and break it….please if you could send me a detailed description of what you did it would be appreciated… my email is andreduhgiant@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help.

mdamaso
    Participant

I have a 2005 that became totally unreadable and had it repaired at http://www.sotelectronics.com/. I found the place on one of the other postings here and they did a great job. It was even better than new. I had a “Ghosting” problem when it was new, but what ever they did they fixed it. No ghosting and no missing digits. Costed less than a new cluster ($160) and they did it in under 2 hours. I removed it and drove it over since they are close to me. If you have an issues like this I highly recommend their work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.