OMG!!! What the &*%$!!! is that front end ROAR????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest OMG!!! What the &*%$!!! is that front end ROAR????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dtownfb 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Johnny Quest
    Participant

Okay if the title doesn’t say enough I am VERRRRRRRRRRY frustrated as NO ONE can figure out what the hell is wrong with the front end on this…this…this.errrrrrrrrr JEWEL : (

When you hit a road transition like gravel to asphalt or speed bump you get a nice hard hitting sound of like a hammer hitting under the front end.That is irritating enough but the MAIN problem is the roar going down the road. Replaced the end links and had every other part of this thing checked visualy (a-arms,ball-joints,new “end links” etc etc) and this damn roar has gotten so bad you can barely hear the radio and I don’t believe in “just trun the radio up!” “repair”

The “roar” does have a slight repeating pause in it so something mechanical and as bad as this thing sounds worn out I cannot fathom WHY it is not something we can find.

One mechanic said the other day it might be something in the transmission but I have yet to have the time to get it back where we can put it on a wheels free life with someone driving it while up in the air and see if THAT identifies the problem since that will take the suspension out of the equation . I am really afraid it is going to let loose on my wife while she is driving it and I have GOT to get this fixed but money is VERY tight.I will get a loan if necessary but I cannot afford to play parts switching and hope I eventually solve it.

I almost wish whatever it is would just go ahead and BREAK (while I am driving it) so we can THEN figure out what the hell it is.

Okay just very ill with this.Love the van but this problem really makes it sound like a total steaming turd!

dtownfb
    Participant

The first thing I thought of is a bad wheel bearing AND lower front control arms. the wheel bearings can make a rumbling sound when they go bad. The bushings go bad on the lower control arms. You can’t replace the front bushings, you have to replace the entire control arm.

dtownfb
    Participant

The first thing I thought of is a bad wheel bearing AND lower front control arms. the wheel bearings can make a rumbling sound when they go bad. The bushings go bad on the lower control arms. You can’t replace the front bushings, you have to replace the entire control arm.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.