Overdrive Problem

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dtownfb 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

textommy5

I am new to the forum, and this issue may have already been addressed, but I thought I would just throw it out there. I have a 2005 Quest, and have had good luck with it until now. Several small things have started to go wrong, like the interior lights won’t work, the interior door latch on the passenger side is also non functioning, and the rear springs seem really weak.

I have about 107,000 on the vehicle, but the major concern is the transmission or another component. When I am on the highway in overdrive it seems to downshift at the slightest hill, and seems to shift fairy hard. Not like break your back hard but noticeable. I have looked all over the internet and have heard everything from get a new tranny, to it’s just a sensor problem. I thought I would throw this out to you and see what other Quest owners think. Thank you in advance for you help.

dtownfb
    Participant

I highly doubt you need a new transmission. It likely a sensor problem. If the transmission fluid hasn’t been changed in a while, I would start by changing it (drain and fill).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.