Overheating at Idle

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nid 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

krackken
    Participant

My wife drives a 2007 Nissan Quest. I have noticed the last few days when she arrives home and parks in the garage there is a burnt smell coming from the van.

I took it out tonight to pick up some food and when I would stop at a stop light I could smell the same smell coming throught the vent. When I was in line to get some food I had to wait probably 10 minutes. During that time the temp starting raising. The temperature almost reached the H when I would pull forward 8 feet or so and the temp would go back down but then it would start going back up again.
    As long as I am driving it is fine. If I sit for very long it goes up.

I checked the coolant and there is plenty of fluid in the radiator. I check the fuses and none of them are blown. What would be my next step. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason

twinblown

check your radiator fan(s) are they running? I had this issue, ended up being both fans were running intermitently and/or one of them runnig very weak or soemtimes not at all….specially when I would run the AC. I replaced the whole fan assembly and it fixed te problem, no more overheating! check my old posts I wrote about it.
    good luck

nid
    Participant

Can you please email me instruction on how to replace Radiator fan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.