p0430 bank 2

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CanadaQ2005 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

casarez37
    Participant

I am wondering if anyone know’s if bank 2 is the right or left catalytic converter?

this is a VERY serious code.

Catalytic efficiency running below threshold. Bank2 to means it’s the right catalytic converter. Basically the cat is running below 75% efficiency when it should be running at 100% efficiency. What happened is the cats inside is damaged. Those damaged pieces have no where to go to. So you know what happens next? Those pieces get sucked back up into the engine and will destroy it. Get it fixed ASAP. I’ve had this code already on my Quest.

casarez37
    Participant

Thank you for the information. I just ordered a new one. Our quest has been very good to us since we bought it brand new, the least we can do is take care of it when it needs it. Those parts are not cheap, but well worth it to keep the Quest going. Thanks again!

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

> Those pieces get sucked back up into the engine and will destroy it.

This is the most interesting theory I heard in my lifetime.

What’s the physics behind your theory? How does positive pressure of the exhaust gases help to suck ceramics from the cat into the engine?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.