P1800 code Vias solenoid problem cannot fix

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest P1800 code Vias solenoid problem cannot fix

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dtownfb 5 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

miltonct
    Participant

After replacing a couple of the oxygen sensors due to codes popping up, we cleared them and all was okay until the P1800 code showed up. It looked like an easy fix. Figuring it was the solenoid itself, but to be sure, checked all the things it could be first.
    The solenoid is easy to get to, right on top of the engine, [one of the only things easy to get to] we checked the vacuum hoses coming off it, all good, then the power to the solenoid, getting power, but the ground is dead. Mechanics tell us to check the connection, and we did, several times, cleaned it, put it back together nice and tight. The ground is still dead.
    Has any of you had this problem or heard of it? We are going crazy trying to figure how to find the short from the solenoid to the ecm or is it the ecm post that is bad?
    Surely it will not pass emissions with this check engine light on, but we also have no solution.

dtownfb
    Participant

I had this issue a couple of years ago with my 2004 Quest S. After checking the hoses, i replaced the solenoid and haven’t had any issues. Here’s a discussion on my “troubleshooting”.

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/quest/15470-strange-problem-p1800-p0340-tcs-slip-etc.html

Good luck

miltonct
    Participant

The solenoid is fine. We tested it. The problem seems to be in the connector at the ecm. We did the troubleshooting and the solution was, change the harness connector. Easier said than done. What is the part number, where do you get it and how do you replace it. Dealer says there is no part, have to replace the wiring harness. The connectors from electronic parts dealers say the connector is about twenty dollars but you have to know which connector it is.

This is the most aggravating car we have ever had, most problems are due to poor design and they should be held accountable.

dtownfb
    Participant

Many owners (myself included) share your frustration. The best thing you can do now is see if a local mechanic can do the job for you. If you supply the part, he’ll only charge you labor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.