Please help me find the downstream O2 sensor on a 2002 Quest SE.

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest Please help me find the downstream O2 sensor on a 2002 Quest SE.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ricebike 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rdematta

Hi,

I have a 2002 Quest SE with 35000 miles on it. The engine service light stays on when driving. Took the van to the dealer and they retrieved the ECM code. According to the front desk service person, it is caused by malfunctioning downstrean O2 sensor. I crawled underneath the van, but could not find the sensor. Haynes repair book for 1996 and newer cars shows the sensor either sticking on the side of the catalytic converter or the exhaust pipe right after the converter. (Unfortunately, I do not have the Haynes for 2002 Quest because I can’t find one at the stores.) Does the 2002 SE really have a downstream O2 sensor? If it does, where is it? Thanks much.

ricebike
    Participant

what was the exact trouble code?

the downstream/ front heated o2 sensor is located at the front exhaust manifold…

you pop the hood & see the oil cap right there? look slightly to the driver side of it & you’ll see the connector to the o2 sensor

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/quest/2002_Quest/ec.pdf

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.