PlEASE STATE ALL THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE HAD WITH YOUR NISSAN QUEST

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest PlEASE STATE ALL THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE HAD WITH YOUR NISSAN QUEST

This topic contains 85 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  quest4momfive 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author

I’ve had so my share of problems with this van but I’m wondering if I’m not alone. I was wondering what kind of problems have you guys experience with the 2004+ Nissan Quest. POST AWAY!

ntehicks
    Participant

We purchased our Quest in November of 2005. The Van had 2310 miles on it. about 3 weeks after we purchased the van we noticed some broken items on the inside of the van. we called the dealer and asked about this and they told us to bring in the van and they would replace all items. This van was there showroom model and had been used for there shuttle so these items we broken at that time. I was shocked when they had to order the parts 5times in order to get the part that was leather and not cloth. I wondered if the van was originaly cloth. The right parts were replaced and all was good. well at least that is what I thought. about 6 months after we purchased the van we were coming home from a 30 min drive to the store when all of a sudden the van had no power. I would push the gas and the engine would get louder but the van was slowing. almost like the trasmission was slipping. So I took the van right in to the dealer and they looked at it and told me they will need to replace the main computer. I asked about the transmission, and the service tech told me that it is possible that the transmission it self was damaged but we won’t know until I drive the van and we will see what happens. I have always thought that the dealer or certified repair would have a computer that could tell what is going on. Well the computer did bring back the power and the van did drive better. but it has never been the same. before the troulbe the van would drive as if there was no drag from the transmission. Now it always drags. I have tried over and over to get the dealer to fix the issue but they have washed there has of the deal.
    My wife drive the van most and every week tells me she is worried that the transmission is going to die. Everytime we drive the van for the first little bit the transmission can’t make up its mind and shifts between to gears creating a jerking of the whole vehicle.
    Well there is my 2 cents. I must say if I had to do it over again. I don’t think I would buy a nissan. I would stick to the Toyota or Honda.

Thanks. It would be nice to use this like a log that way if anyone else is having similar problems they will know what is going on.

Now onto your problem. I had the same issue with the computer aka ECM. It involves the computer getting corroded from the location due to a poor seal leading it to crap out anytime. I had to pay $1200 out of my ass at the dealer since I was out of warranty, but Nissan of North America finally returned my money to me after numerous complaints. As for the transmission don’t worry about it bro. Sometimes mine will jerk a little when changing gears. This is normal especially when going up hills and inclines. It’s the transmission downshifting to help get up the hill. Anytime a transmission downshifts your going to feel a jerk. Besides the transmission communicates mostly with the TCM aka transmission computer module, not the ECM. I got some pics of that rusted computer to show you guys.

afclay1
    Participant

Problem: Water dripping from above driver side seat and in back (drive way is up hill)
    Fix: blow out drain tubes in sun roof – be carefull the plastic tubes might be pinched and migh fall off – remove sun visor and the roof pops down for easy replacement

Problem: De-rate (loss of power)felt like transmission slip
    Fix: replace one Cam and the crank speed sensors – I know they were bad I design sensors for a living and I tested them in my lab – one had a jitter problem the other signal died when hot.

Problem: driving on highway battery light and brake light came on.
    Fix: replaced top alternater bracket $8

Problem: All automatic doors (2 side and back gate) are no longer automatic they are manual
    Fix: none, we just open them manualy

Problem: steering wheel shimmy when braking
    Fix: Brakes and rotors

Problem: steering wheel shimmy while driving
    Fix: new tires

At what mileage did you change your crank and cam sensors? What were the major signs of these being bad besides the tranny slip?

Low-PSI
    Participant

We bought our ’04 SE in March of ’04. It now has about 95,000 miles. Other than normal wear and tear, we’ve not had any unusual problems. As most of you know, the first batch of Quests had many issues. There were recalls and a list of fixes that were done at no charge. We were given a free loaner – still are – any time our Quest is in the shop, and Nissan extended the bumper-to-bumper warranty to 60,000 miles.

Needless to say, we are VERY pleased with our Quest.

SoCaliMommy

I have a 2007 Quest bought new January07 it has roughly 41725 miles

So far all has been under warranty or under the warranty we bought extra through MPP at the time of purchase.

It feels like it lunges something when shifting i alsways notice it around 20mph * my husband who sometimes drives my van hasnt noticed it though *

Peeling arm rests on the driver side and passenger doors

Stereo system failure my speakers starting going in and out then sometimes wouldnt work at all. * a little after it turned 2yrs old*

Fabric on bench seat where the headrest attaches to the seat in the middle seat and on the back passenger side fabric had shrunk * i’d so love to know how that happened when no one really sits back there, also it was around the time of the stereo system failure*

Recently on the weekend of 12/5/09 the passenger window had a motor failure issue, it was covered under the warranty we bought from MPP.

rodmanag

We have a 2004 Quest SE, 98000 miles and have been very happy since 2005, first 12 months it was in the shop 4 times for various issues. Water leaking into cabin , power door issues, etc. My current issue, if anyone knows, would be on how to replace the rear shocks. It seems as though I have no shocks when I hit a bump of hole.

Any ideas??

Quest-ions 05
    Participant

’05 Quest S 93k

Brake Light and some other light flashes when cold. This happened very sporatically after about 6 months. Hasn’t happened in a while.

After a long drive say like several hours. The heat/air vents wouldn’t produce air through them. Again sporatic problem. Problem would only fix itself after letting it sit for several hours. I believe this has happened on 3 occasions. Dealer could not repeat the problem or find any problems.

Occasionally, the speakers don’t work.

The suspension has been getting very loud over major bumps since about 50k.

No major problems as of yet.

Also, as an FYI. Mileage has been around 20.5 MPG.

daveivaz
    Participant

I agree with you completely. I had nothing but Toyotas since 1985 with a Subaru thrown in the mix. Without a doubt, the Quest I have is the worst quality vehicle I have had since my last American car in the late 70’s. On top of that, the Security Plus agreement I have is not backed up by the company and will not replace the backup warning switch, even though the agreement says, “all mechanical and manually operated switches” are covered. So much has gone wrong with this 2005 car with 53,000 miles on it that it reminds me of a Ford Pinto. DO NOT BUY A NISSAN!!! Pay the extra money and get a Toyota!!!!

daveivaz
    Participant

I had nothing but Toyotas since 1985 with a Subaru thrown in the mix. This is my first Nissan, and without a doubt, the Quest I have is the worst quality vehicle I have had since my last American car in the late 70’s. On top of that, the Security Plus agreement I have is not backed up by the company and will not replace the backup warning switch, even though the agreement says, “all mechanical and manually operated switches” are covered. So much has gone wrong with this 2005 car with 53,000 miles on it that it reminds me of a Ford Pinto. DO NOT BUY A NISSAN!!! Pay the extra money and get a Toyota!!!! For me, back to the Sienna…..

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

I contend that Nissan and ‘intermittent failure’ are synonyms.

My passenger sliding door closes or not as it sees fit. Sometimes does, sometimes does not. Same about the driver power window auto-up.

AC/Heat knob lights are on or off randomly.

This is the 2nd Nissan vehicle with intermittent problems. I bought it only because it’s big enough to fit myself (6’3″ and 200 lb) and my family who are just as tall.

mmahamm
    Participant

On a warm day, the tailgate will not open automatically after the vehicle has been left in the sun. I think I read on here that others have had this issue as well. I am waiting until spring to recreate the problem and take it to the dealer to have them replace the motor under warranty.

The passenger side front speaker in the front door buzzes. I complained and they replaced the speaker under warranty. It still buzzed. I always thought it was a trim piece.

Other than that, the vehicle has been reliable for the 18 months I have owned it.

nakia225
    Participant

We bought our 04 Nissan Quest brand spanking new with 7 miles on it. Had been driving for 4 years with no issues. All of a sudden the transmission started acting up. Took it to the dealer and they told us that the transmissin had completely died. Luckily it was still under warranty and they replaced it with no out of pocket expense. A year later, I am experiencing the exact same issues I did when the transmission went out before. Took it back to the dealership and the problem wasn’t there anymore. My husband even test drove it with the mechanic. Now recently it’s happening again. I stop at the light and it doesn’t want to move. The warranty is expired, even the one we got with the new transmission. I have no money to even get it inspected as I’m sure the issue is an expensive one. And my husband doesn’t even want to deal with it because he hated the van in the first place. I want to trade it in but I know I won’t get much for it.

danduke73
    Participant

I live in San Antonio TX, this past summer we had over 30 consecutive days of over 100 degree weather. I know this heat fried my sunroof motor, it worked fine until it started to get hot. The motor sits right there under the roof and was baked to death – that is $250 from the dealer in case anyone wanted to know.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.