Poor Gas Mileage

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lokahi117 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

noellandas
    Participant

Any suggestions on why my 2001 Quest SE with all factory stuff started to consume more gas than before? It averages about 11-13 MPG city and freeway combined. Everytime I fill up I reset the trip meter and tells me that I have 362 miles before empty yet by 220 – 240 miles low fuel yellow light comes on. Any help?

dtownfb
    Participant

Are there any red “check engine lights” on?

noellandas
    Participant

No.

Lokahi117
    Participant

I’m gonna look at the fuel filter and replace it and see if that helps. I’m getting 11 on the freeway.

dtownfb
    Participant

Are you having any “driveability” issues such hesitation, missing, stumbling, etc.?

Also how many miles do you have? How are your fluid levels (oil, coolant)? Low fluid level could point to other issues.

If you haven’t already, you probably need to replace the spark plugs and wires. Lots of owners have had problems with the knock sensor and distributor cap but it also triggered an error code (Check engine light). Most of what i can think of would trigger the “Check Engine” light.

dtownfb
    Participant

Are you having any “driveability” issues such hesitation, missing, stumbling, etc.?

Also how many miles do you have? How are your fluid levels (oil, coolant)? Low fluid level could point to other issues.

If you haven’t already, you probably need to replace the spark plugs and wires. Lots of owners have had problems with the knock sensor and distributor cap but it also triggered an error code (Check engine light). Most of what i can think of would trigger the “Check Engine” light.

Lokahi117
    Participant

Have you had the cat converter checked out. If they get restricted it will kill your mileage.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.