Power Sliding door and power lift gate wont open after battery was disconnected

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Power Sliding door and power lift gate wont open after battery was disconnected

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mikinben 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

vvpatel

I have 2007 Nissan Quest SE and I had disconnected battery negative terminal when the key was in the ignition on the ON positon. Now, my power sliding doors and power lift gate is not working. How was can make them open with switch on the overhead or remote control. I have make sure that Main switch is ON. Any help will be appreciated.

dtownfb
    Participant

The first thing I would try is disconnect the negative terminal on the battery again without the key in the ignition. Maybe 5 minutes or so. If that doesn’t work, I would make sure the fuses are OK.

vvpatel

I tried both. I disconnected negative terminal on the battery with keys out for 2 hours or so. Also, i checked the fuses too. I did not see fuse for the power sliding door or lift gate inside the car. do you know if there are specific fuses for these or not? If yes, where are they located? Thanks for you help

vvpatel

TRIED

twinblown

It may need to be initialized as follows

Initialization Mode
    Initialization mode is used to set the default values of door full open position and normal motor current.
    It is necessary to complete initialization and reset the default settings under any of the following circumstances:
    Sliding door control unit is replaced.
    Sliding door motor is replaced.
    Sliding door is adjusted.
    Sliding door panel is replaced or repaired.
    Body panel near sliding door is replaced or repaired.
    Any sliding door roller is replaced or adjusted.
    Any sliding door striker is replaced or adjusted.
    Any sliding door dovetail is replaced or adjusted.
    Sliding door lock assembly is replaced.
    Rear rail is replaced.
    Sliding door weatherstrip is replaced.
    Sliding door contact switch is replaced or adjusted.
    When the battery is first connected, the sliding door control unit is automatically set to the initialization mode.
    The sliding door control unit may be manually set to initialization mode by performing the following procedure:
    SLIDING DOOR INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE
    NOTE:
    While in initialization mode, only the overhead sliding door open/close switches are enabled. Remote keyless
    entry, door pillar switch and power assist functions are disabled. Each of the power sliding doors must be initialized individually. The following procedure can be repeated for each power sliding door needing initialization.
    1. Open the sliding door being initialized.
    2. Turn ignition switch ON.
    3. Turn the Automatic Door Main Switch OFF.
    4. Within 3 seconds after step 3, press the door pillar Sliding Door
    Open/Close Switch of the door being initialized 10 times within
    10 seconds.
    5. Within 3 seconds after step 4, turn ignition switch OFF then ON.
    You should hear three sliding door warning chimes.
    The three chimes indicate the sliding door control unit has entered initialization mode. Normal door functions are disabled during initialization.
    6. Turn the Automatic Door Main Switch ON.
    7. Press and HOLD the overhead Sliding Door Open/Close Switch
    of the door being initialized until the door completely closes and
    stops, then release the switch.
    8. Press and HOLD the same overhead Sliding Door Open/Close Switch of the door being initialized again
    until the door completely opens and stops, then release the switch.
    9. Press and HOLD the same overhead Sliding Door Open/Close Switch of the door being initialized again
    until the door completely closes and stops, then release the switch.
    10. Turn ignition switch OFF.
    The power sliding door initialization process is complete. The above procedure may be repeated for the other
    power sliding door (if equipped).

mikinben
    Participant

Hi im having kind of the same issue with my 2007 Nissan Quest.I was wondering what was the solution to the problem you were having.I’d really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.