Power Sliding Door

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DFurdas 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DFurdas
    Participant

My passenger-side power sliding door was so frozen shut this past Saturday that after pushing on it from the inside a few times, it seems the cable that is used to operate the door has come loose.

Can anyone tell me how I can reattach/reinstall the cable?

Thank you very much.

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

I think Nissan owes us door lining which does not stick in winter. How much longer are we going to tolerate that Nissan treats us worse than animals???

DFurdas
    Participant

I hear and feel your frustration. This will be the last Nissan that I ever own. The one time I can say never again, knowing that I will not buy Nissan ever again!

danduke73
    Participant

You will have to remove the trim panel behind the door, this will let you gain access to the motor and cable mechanisms. Those little clover looking tiedowns are actually screws, take those out and you can easily remove the panel. You will need to have the 2nd row seats down and the third row folded into into its hole.

Let us know how it went.

DFurdas
    Participant

Well I found it quite a pleasant experience getting the trim panel off. The cable is snapped, unfortunately, and the whole assembly is only available for purchase from the dealer. The cost is $710 CAN. The assembly being the cable/pulley/motor etc.

I’m up for replacing it myself and then let the dealer fine tune the door if necessary. I figure labour would be $220-300 but who knows for sure. At $700 plus taxes, it’s a pretty expensive repair.

If anyone has any leads for inexpensive parts, I’d be greatful. I tried some local wrecking yards but they won’t sell me the parts. I figure the vintage of Quest is too recent and that they’re selling the parts to insurance companies for the underground repair market or something.

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.