Power steering fluid leak

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Power steering fluid leak

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dtownfb 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mywifes06
    Participant

Anyone have this problem, I need to keep re filling the power steering fluid and it is leaking all over my driveway. Tried to find the leak but can’t seem to find it. Thanks in advance,

uncle4257

The best alternative is buy a good brand of Power steering fluid with anti-leak compound.
    It swells up the internal gaskets and stops the leak.
    It takes awhile so don’t despair.
    If, and when, it is so bad you’ll have to replace the whole power steering unit. It’s a job!!!
    CHECK TO SEE IF YOU CAN FIND OR SEE THE WET FLUID AROUND THE HOSES OR POWER STEERING RESERVOIR.
    Buy a Chilton’s or Haynes repair book …. it will save you “grief” and doubt.

Mywifes06
    Participant

Thanks uncle4257, I have been keeping it filled for about a month now, got under it and can’t seem to find where it is coming from.
    I will have to get one of those books and tear it down I think. I was hoping it would go away. O well!

dtownfb
    Participant

I wouldn’t mess around with that too much. Right now it’s a leak. It can easily become a damaged steering rack.

Take it to a good garage and have a mechanic check for leaks. You do not need to take it to the dealership!!! Any good mechanic can work on your Quest. I would do it sooner rather than later.

Mywifes06
    Participant

It ended up being the power steering sensor that was leaking, got it fixed for around $200

dtownfb
    Participant

Good news!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.