Quest is unreliable — example

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Quest is unreliable — example

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oldman 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Oldman
    Participant

Here’s an example of why the Quest has left the impression of low build quality. My 04 had a bad windshield washer pump, and on cutting it up I found rust all over the casing and between the rotor and (permanent) magnets:

Photobucket

Advance auto had a replacement but the connector was a different shape, and the output was only for 1 hose. Instead of splicing wires, I opted to preserve the factory connection by cutting up the top of the motor and reusing the factory connector. My other 20 yr old nissan still has a healthy motor!, so there’s definitely a difference in build quality.

I have a 98 Nissan Quest Van. It is missing really bad. So far we have replaced the following:
    spark plugs and wires, knock sensor, distrubator, fuel filter. Any ideas none of these worked?

Oldman
    Participant

As always, get the code with the OBD II scanner . Any auto parts chain will do it for free. On old engines harnesses get brittle or worse, unplugged if you take it to a service place. What do you call missing? Does it not idle right? Is it low on power? May be post a youtube clip on startup and idle and rev up to 3000 rpm so we can tell how it behaves.

BTW, you really should have asked in the thread group for the earlier quests. There may be more people there that can help you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.