Question about 2011 Quest LE Automatic Climate Control System (ACCS)

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2011 Nissan Quest Question about 2011 Quest LE Automatic Climate Control System (ACCS)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zootscoot 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gipsonmt

Just got my Quest on Friday so still learning some of the features. One thing it has is the Advance Climate Control System (ACCS). When I start the car the air circulate button and the auto air circulate botton both illuminate, orange and blue, respectively (on the A/C control panel top row, first and second buttons from the left).

Those light up and on the A/C display there is a diagram of the car with some bubbles around it, which according to the owners manual means it is scrubbing the air for exhaust fumes. However after about a minute of driving the auto-air circulate button (blue light) turns off and I can not toggle it back on. However the air circulate button (orange light) will toggle.

Is this normal? If I understand the manual correctly I should be able to just toggle the auto circulate button (blue light) when there is an undesirable odor, but also in the manual it says something about the fact that there are sensors in the vehicle that will turn this on automatically. So I’m confused.

For others with this feature, can you toggle the auto-air circulate button (blue light) at will? I’m wondering if I have a defect. Thanks!

zootscoot

To be honest, I haven’t even paid attention to that part of the climate control. But I will look at what mine does over the next couple of days & let you know 🙂

gipsonmt

I took the van into the dealer today to have the above issue looked at. The service rep and technician ran some diagnostics and explained to me that what happens is when the engine is started the light comes on and starts a new scrubbing cycle. Then it will shut off after any exhaust fumes have been expelled after an initial start up period. After that it remains operating as an automatic feature. The sensors will pick up any odors and the system (and light) will come on to scrub the cabin air. This is why it says “auto” next to the button.

Still, I continued to question them on this issue and for my satisfaction they brought in another LE off the lot and it did the exact same thing as mine did.

zootscoot

Just wanted to let you know that I have been keeping an eye on my climate control buttons. I have both the buttons selected, and when I first start the van as you mentioned the “scrubbing bubbles” icon appears on the climate control panel. After a few minutes the “scrubbing bubbles” icon goes away, but I have yet to see the blue light go off. Of course I have only taken short 15 to 20 minute drives to drop my son off and pick him up from daycare. So either A) my trip is not long enough to allow the van’s climate system to finish the job and turn itself off, or B) the air in St. Louis is so bad, and won’t shut off ;-). Will continue to monitor it and let you know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.