Radio Removal?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  heetsink 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

08Questing
    Participant

Hello all,
    I am new to the site. And was hoping that some of the more experienced quest guys could help me out with a few things I am having trouble finding out. 2008 Nissan quest 3.5S OEM radio took a dump, got a amazing deal on a replacement. The issue I am having is getting the center colum apart to make the swap. I have the sides off no problems I just don’t want to break any of the molded plastic. Any idea or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

heetsink
    Participant

the panel with the radio buttons pops out. start by removing the shifter know. slide the chrome sleeve down and remove the c-clip and it slides right off. then using a couple of flat blade screw drivers (of similar tools) carefully open up a gap between the brushed metal trim piece and the panel beneath it. easy does it. pop it open there and work it around the perimeter of the panel and surprise! the radio is actually located behind the glove compartment!
    nothing but buttons and wire harnesses on that panel.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.