Rear A/C control speeds.

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Rear A/C control speeds.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  twinblown 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

twinblown

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 06 Quest and have a question about the number of speeds you can select with the rear A/C control; for some reason I can only obtain 2 speeds no matter how far right or left I turn the knob. Could someone confirm if all 4 speeds should be selectable? maybe my knob is f’d up. After reading and looking at the schematic there should be 4 speeds.
    My second question is how is the control panel attached cause I tried to remove it by prying the corners and I am afraid I am going to end up breaking it.
    Thnaks for any input.

twinblown

to the top. Anyone?

dtownfb
    Participant

I’m going off of memory…I think the rear controls can only go as high as the front control fan speed. Even if you have the front controls set to “R”, if the front fan speed is only at “2” that is the highest the rear can go.

Hopefully someone will correct me if i am wrong.

twinblown

Finally a reply thanks, is this forum dead or what? anyways if the front fan speed knob (for rear)is set at “R” it means the rear panel is in full control of the fan speeds, and in my case I can only get 2 speeds out of the 4 no matter how far right or left I turn it.
    In any other setting besides the “R” it completely eliminates any control at the rear panel and you control all the fan speeds at the front; this way all 4 work properly. I still need someone to verify if when the front is at “R” does the rear allow you to select 4 speeds.

JackL

I have a 2005 3.5S and with the front knob set to “R” the rear control has all 4 speeds. I just checked to make sure and the rear control can change thru all 4 different speeds.

twinblown

Thanks a lot sir! my rear speed knob is f’d up then. Now I just got to try and figure out how is the control panel attached to the liner so I can remove it and take a look inside and hopely fix it.

twinblown

Well I finally figured out how to remove the rear control panel. Upon disassembling the unit whala! I find my problem: the speed control knob had been broken (plastic) all around the fiitng therefore would not turn the shaft all the way. I proceeded to wrap small wire around the plastic knob and superglued it. I can now fully select all 4 speeds from the rear! By the way the entire control unit if you were to replace it is around $100

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.