REAR AIRCONDITION/HEATER FAN

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1993 – 1998 Nissan Quest REAR AIRCONDITION/HEATER FAN

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  1castillo 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jmdeguia
    Participant

HELLO,
    My ’97 quest rear fan stops working suddenly while the front fan still works perfectly. Have checked everything from fuses, fan motor, to switches, etc., according to hynes repair book manual. The only one that i haven’t checked so far is the fan relay, which i cannot locate at all.
    Does anybody knows where is it suppossed to be located ? I located one fan relay in the engine fuse box, but that is for the radiator fan relay. Also i read somewhere that there is an onboard compartment air filter somewhere around the glove compartment box .Have anyone replaced theirs, and where is it located exactly.
    Thanks in advance and keep up the good work,
    james

memoramirez
    Participant

The problem is most likely with the relay for the rear blower. The root of the problem is a bad solder connection between the relay and the circuit board that holds it. The circuit board is a part of the main HVAC controls in the front, not the rear controls. This can be fixed by repairing the solder connection or you can replace the HVAC control module for around $400. If you need more information on this you can try Steve Cutchen’s web page http://home.earthlink.net/~vqfaq

Low-PSI
    Participant

that had the same thing happen. I took it into the dealer. I happened to walk around back and the mechanic was working on it. I asked How’s it going?” He replied that the $400 part was the problem. He knew this because he said he tested it by swapping a wire on the board and the fan worked. I asked “Why not leave the wire where you’ve put it?” He said he shouldn’t, but he would show me how to do it. He wasn’t sure if it would fix all the problems (it did) and that I shouldn’t tell anyone that he had told me.

Unfortunately, I don’t remember exactly which wire it was, but maybe you could find an honest (lol) mechanic to help you.

jmdeguia
    Participant

You guys are on the dot, it is exactly what was wrong with my rear blower fan. Fixed it without any problems.
    Keep Up The Good Work.
    James NY

Could someone post a pic or a link to a pic showing the location of the relay and/or circuit board?

joeymoh
    Participant

Hi! James,

Did you fix it just by re-solding the connector as Steve Cutchen’s web page says?
    I am experiencing the same issue with my 95 Quest now.
    Thank you!

– Joey

Attached files

nikes258
    Participant

HVAC (pronounced either “H-V-A-C” or “H-vak”) is an initialism or acronym that stands for “heating, ventilating, and air conditioning”. HVAC is sometimes referred to as climate control and is particularly important in the design of medium to large industrial and office buildings such as skyscrapers and in marine environments such as aquariums, where humidity and temperature must all be closely regulated while maintaining safe and healthy conditions within. In certain regions (e.g., UK) the term “Building Services” is also used, but may also include plumbing and electrical systems. Refrigeration is sometimes added to the field’s abbreviation as HVAC&R or HVACR, or ventilating is dropped as HACR (such as the designation of HACR-rated circuit breakers).

Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning is based on the principles of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer, and on inventions and discoveries made by Michael Faraday, Willis Carrier, Reuben Trane, James Joule, William Rankine, Sadi Carnot, and many others. The invention of the components of HVAC systems went hand-in-hand with the industrial revolution, and new methods of modernization, higher efficiency, and system control are constantly introduced by companies and inventors all over the world.

The three functions of heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning are closely interrelated. All seek to provide thermal comfort, acceptable indoor air quality, and reasonable installation, operation, and maintenance costs. HVAC systems can provide ventilation, reduce air infiltration, and maintain pressure relationships between spaces. How air is delivered to, and removed from spaces is known as room air distribution.
    =============================
    rock
    =============================
    Parking Sensor

Danbert
    Participant

for anyone else having this issue, there is another potential problem. I found that the top relay next to the fuse panel by the drivers leg can go bad or have a bad connection. This is the problem mine had (a bad connection) I did find the broken solder joint on the control board but I had both problems happening. I found I wasn’t getting power to the fuse that supplies power to the rear fan.

gassguzzlr

The bad solder connection was exactly the problem on my ’98 Villager. I repaired it per Steve Cutchen’s page and it has worked fine ever since.

marsh123
    Participant

my rear blower fan stopped working checked all fuses the switch the blower works but cannot control it at all where is the fan relay located i have not found it yet

1castillo
    Participant

re soldering worked 4 me. AC on the back again.
    link http://home.earthlink.net/~vqfaq/index.htm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.