rear door problems

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dlarue 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

markrees
    Participant

I have a 1999 Nissan Quest and love it but I have 2 problems.First my stereo display does not work. I checked the fuses and pulled out the radio but didn’t notice anything unusual. I unplugged the radio and that didn’t work.Do I need to replace it?Next the rear door “sticks”.I unlock it and have to push on the door a couple of times really hard before it will open. I moved the latches around on the body of the van but no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated.

dlarue
    Participant

I’ve had a somewhat similar problem. For mine I took apart the door from the inside. By removing the panel you have access to the door guts. With all the shutting some nuts had worked loose. These are the ones that are vertical and just above the license plate holder. I put in new nuts and bolts and everything was fine. After doing this you might have to adjust the hoop and latch a little. This is also a good time to top off your rear wiper fluid cause you are already back there.
    -Austin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.