Rear Fan Controls

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CanadianQ2005 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

juched
    Participant

We have a 2005 Quest and I have a question about the rear fan controls. If I set the front controls to R, then the center fans in the back respond to the controls and blow air. I can hear the ones in the back.

However, If I try to change the speed in the front then I don’t get any air blowing from the center set, but I do hear the fan in the back.

Anyone else have this? should I bring it in to be fixed?

Thanks!

gigc
    Participant

I’ve found the same thing on my 2006. In the user’s manual it shown that the roof vent are only for the cold AC. So if you put to cold, you should have vent from the roof but if you put hot it’s only from the back floor.

jsxtsa925
    Participant

We just came back from a ski trip to Mammoth. My middle seat had no warm air from their vents no mattered what we did with the climate system. Thought it was broken.
    I guess just a poor design.

mmahamm
    Participant

This is not a poor design, it is just not well understood and not documented in the owner’s manual.

This vehicle’s rear climate control behaves similar to other minivans I have owned with rear climate control. That is, if the temperature setting is set to cold, air will blow out the ceiling vents. However, if the temperature setting is set to warm, the air blows out the floor vents, just behind the second row of seats on each side.

I don’t know where on the dial it switches, or if it blends them if you are halfway. Check it out next time you have a chance, and let us know what it does.

Michael
    Northern Virginia

2008 Nissan Quest S

mmahamm
    Participant

Perhaps you just have a fuse that is blown.

Michael
    Northern Virginia

2008 Nissan Quest S

CanadianQ2005
    Participant

Now I understand why the middle windows take so damn long to defog in winter. Another funny feature of Quest’s HVAC that I discovered today was that when the blower is set to auto defog, it says ‘DRIVER’ on the display, but the passenger side defogs much faster while the driver’s remains fogged until the whole inside is hot. How does Nissan spell ‘ass backwards’?

Actually, I checked the theory above and found it not to be true. Hot air does blow thru the ceiling wents. The dashboard rear fan control is a bit tricky, but does send hot air to both ceiling and floor ducts.

Three things are killing North Americans: MSG, sugar substitutes and fluorided water. Google for more info!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.