rear power sliding door won't latch fully

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest rear power sliding door won't latch fully

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ArtBasement 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ArtBasement
    Participant

Hi all,

I recently purchased a ’07 Quest with power sliding doors. After getting a battery jump the rear pass. door doesn’t close fully anymore, leaving the warning light etc. on. I then have to step out and manually push the door further to latch. I have tried disconnecting the battery (again) and the initialization sequence from the manual, but no change. 

The car had the same problem when i first bought it, after they jumped it to get started on the lot. At that time, a mechanic there was able to fix the door problem within 15 minutes. unfortunately, that shop is 500 miles away, and I haven’t been able to get anyone on the phone that knows how they fixed it. 

The fact that it’s showing the same symptoms after a second battery jump, makes me think it’s the same problem with an easy fix, that shouldn’t require a trip to the dealer.

Anyone have any ideas? Much appreciated.

Thanks — Erwin

ArtBasement
    Participant

Solved it. The problem was gunked up latches. After cleaning and relubing the latches the doors work as they’re supposed to. No connection with the jump start.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.