I have gotten everything loose except for the carrier bearing on my 1999 Mercury Villager. It seems to be seized to the bracket that holds it. I have tried using a pry bar, a hammer and punch, and even a pipe wrench to get it to move and nothing has even budged it. BTW yes I have removed the three bolts from the bracket.
I have went through the same exp. I ended up taking it to AAMCO this time. I was trying to replace the right drive axle seal for the trans axle. A mech has the tools to do it. I had mine replaced by a mech long ago for 130.00. I did not have any trouble with the left side. Did it myself. I would suggest having a mech do it.
I just did this job yesterday. It actually took me a minute to realize it was bolted. The driverside wasn’t. Only way I could get mine unsiezed from mounting bracket was to lower it down as low as possible and I hooked my Jeep winch to the cv joint and gave it a tug. Not hard sust a jerk. It came loose. It was also hard to get it to line back up with the bolt holes. I put the end into the transmission but the 3 bolt holes wouldn’t line up. I used a large phillips screwdriver. I put screwdriver thru the holes and pried on it until one lined up and then I put the bolt on. Had to do that with two of the holes. Hope this helps
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.