Removing the instrument cluster on a 2005 Quest

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Removing the instrument cluster on a 2005 Quest

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  RLL 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wilkar67

Hi….does anyone know how to remove the instrument cluster on a 2005 Quest? Or know where I can fine online, step by step instructions on how to remove the cluster? My gas and mileage gauge flicker when I hit a bump which would lead me to believe something is loose. Given the cost of the repair I would lile to look into it myself.

Thank you

cirrus
    Participant

Watch this video, and go to the last 2 minutes of the video.

http://youtu.be/SGIXgH0zHYk

wilkar67

Thank you…. I knew it was easy and this confirms the procedure. Appreciate it!

JohnB.
    Participant

I have read the above problem and it appears it is a common problem with a lot of NISSAN Quests.I tried login into the Youtube sight but it seems the video has been taken of the air. If anyone has had this problem and performed a corrective action, can someone assist me in discribing the proccess to remove the cluster assy?

I thank you in advance.

John

JohnB.
    Participant

Hi Cirrus
    I should have addressed the email to you since you were a big help to a previous member. I tried accessing the sight but it says it has been removed. can you assist.
    Thanks
    John

JohnB.
    Participant

Hi wilkar67
    Can you assist me to go through the points on the removal of the cluster since you have done it with the assist of cirrus.
    Thanks

John

cirrus
    Participant

JohnB, for the Youtube video link, you need to copy and paste that link to your web browser. If you still can’t get to it, then I can tell you that the center cluster cover is held on by clips. You can just grab the cluster cover and pull it upwards. You can slip a flat head screwdriver underneath and pry it up. Once the cover is removed, then there are couple of phillips screws that hold the cluster down.

RLL

Thanks so much, this will help greatly in removing my center cluster to check the glitchy LCD!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.