Repeated air loss in tires

New Topics Forums General Discussion Wheel and Tire Repeated air loss in tires

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Walkers06 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

reidwright

My wife has experienced problems with repeatedly losing pressure in the left front tire (all the others are fine). Our garage looked at the tire and could find nothing wrong with it. Then, we had all of the tires replaced, but we are still experiencing the same problem. When she fills the tire, it accepts air and the warning light goes out, so it’s not a problem with the warning light. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

jp30044
    Participant

Hello,
    Have the same problem. After installing new tires the tire dealer found that the valve stem was under torqued. Leakage started again and the Nissan Service torqued all the stems mount nuts. Okay for about a month then I went to cold weather, +5° from 70°, and two tires went completely flat. Local tire shop could not find anything wrong. Week later and tires are still holding pressure. Maybe this will help.
    jp30044

reidwright

Thanks for your input–will see if this is the problem. If you could keep me posted on your situation, that would be great!

ontknow
    Participant

Your Nissan dealer should have new seals for the stem/sensor at a relatively low cost to you. (>$6.00 per seal)Those seals are prone to leaking.
    However, be aware that: tire pressures change, roughly, 1 PSI for every 10 degrees of ambient temp change or tire temp change. (Unless you’re running pure nitrogen) So, if you drive to a facility to check and adjust your tire pressures; the next morning, they WILL be under-inflated. Unless, you compensate.
    Just my 2c.

gidshere

If you have the time and enthusiasium you could take that tire off and spray it with soapy water… all over that’s including the rim. A friend of mine just had the same problem and he did that and noticed the rim had a hairline crack where the leak was. Hope this helps.

Walkers06

I don’t know where you live, but if you go to a place called belle tire, they can put in Nitrogen for $4 a tire. It was explained to me that the molecules in nitrogen are bigger and won’t leak.
    (or at least make it a little harder to leak)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.