replacing the aux RCA jacks on OEM DVD player in 2005 Quest

New Topics Forums General Discussion Accessories and Electronics replacing the aux RCA jacks on OEM DVD player in 2005 Quest

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aarkayne 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

aarkayne
    Participant

Hi,

We have successfully ruined the AUX RCA jacks on our DVD player which we hitherto used to connect the iPod through. I now need to replace the entire strip that contains the 2 audio and 1 video jack on a single mount on the circuit board. It has been soldered on. I wondered if anyone here know the replacement part # for this. Or do you think i will have to install 3 separate jacks acquired from a site such as allelectronics.com.

Anyone with a similar problem and possibly a solution or suggestions? I will appreciate any pointers.

Thanks
    A.

aarkayne
    Participant

I have found this web site that seems to have what i need replacing. Can anyone here with experience confirm this maybe the right part? I am going to go right ahead and order it in any case. Right now i have no choice but to experiment.

http://www.futurlec.com/RCA-Horizontal.shtml

aarkayne
    Participant

and here’s a picture of the same – Horizontal 3 pin rca socket

mrbigbri
    Participant

Any chance you’re still under warranty? Dealer replaced the whole stereo unit when one of my kids stepped on the cable going to my ipod, thus breaking the jack. Worth a try.

07 Quest SL

aarkayne
    Participant

alas no. This is a 2005 Quest….warranty long gone 🙁

The order has been placed, so we shall see where this goes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.