Ribbon fix for LCD screen on instrument cluster?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Ribbon fix for LCD screen on instrument cluster?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  markathome 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Kyle700
    Participant

There is a guy on Ebay who repairs our POS instrument clusters by doing something with the ribbon wire harness on the cluster itself. Does anyone know about this ribbon and what is done to make the LCD screen work properly?

cfavela1
    Participant

I’m that guy that fixes does. I have a friend that finds me the ribbons and lcd screens new. I replace them, and wallaaaaa! As easy as pie, no one has access to this ribbons but me. Think about and let me know.

kokines
    Participant

Hi, the LCD on my o4 quest isn’t working properly for my odometer and occasionally my temp guage any ideas?
    Thanks
    Shelly

son7771

I need mine done it just starte acting up!!! The odometer is messed up and the temp and gas are missing a couple of bars How much is it?

questfreak
    Participant

Hi everyone, I looked up the user name cfavela1 on eBay and he is no longer a registered memeber, is there another way to contact him, any help would be great.

Thanks.

questfreak
    Participant

You are no longer a registered eBayer, how can I contact you?

Thanks.

snowskiboard

How do I post a question on here? I just joined, but only see options to reply to comments.. HELP!!
    THANKS
    TONY

cfavela1
    Participant

THE RIBBON IS BAD, IT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED OR REPAIRED. I REPAIR THEM OR REPLACE THEM.
    CFAVELA@MFAVELA.NET

Kyle700
    Participant

How much?

Lee Johnston
    Participant

Cluster Fix repairs these units with a quick turn around and a one year waranty.
    You can call: 888-806-5544 or place your order at: CLUSTERFIX.NET

gdcouts

Ok, so you can fix the tape? So I need to get the cluster out and send to you? What does a tape for a 2006 Quest cost, and when I get it back, is it just a plug in thing? I would like some info and prices… thanks.. Gale

Kyle700
    Participant

Look on EBAY under Quest Instrument Cluster. There are several people who do these repairs from 169.00 to 189.00. I will be sending mine soon.

markathome
    Participant

Just a note, I had this issue appear last summer, in that the odometer numbers weren’t working consistently.
    We then had problems starting the van. I pulled the battery and it was actually ‘warm’ to the touch. The battery was shorting, you could smell the acid. When I returned the core, they asked that I leave it outside ‘just in case’.
    I replaced the battery and upon putting a new battery in the van, the LCD instrument cluster has been working fine.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.