Ride height appears lower in rear??

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2011 Nissan Quest Ride height appears lower in rear??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raq-sv 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

frostydog
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

New here and a new owner (actually my wife is) of a 2012 Quest SL. We just got it this past weekend, so far so good. Great site here btw, already help me fix the auto-up front windows.

My question is regarding the ride height of the van. It “appears”, by looking at the wheel gap (front vs rear) that the van sits lower in the rear? At the very least the wheel gap is less in the rear.

Is this something that is consistent with all the 2011-2012 Quests? The van appears to ride and operate fine, I’m just wondering about that wheel gap difference. Its pretty substantial.

any insight would be appreaciated

raq-sv
    Participant

Welcome to the releatively dead forum :p I think the ride height has to do with the NHTSA standards. As you know, all US market vehicles do sit higher than the rest of the world. My best guess is the pedstrians safety reason.

I agree with you though. The Quest front is insanely high. I can fit my head in the fender gaps. Now if you look at this thread it will solve your problem haha.

frostydog
    Participant

Thanks raq…btw your Quest looks really nice lowered. Love the look.

Did you put TEIN’s on the front an rear? I’m asking because I don’t think our rear fender gap is much different than your van, maybe slightly more. The front is a whole different story though.

thanks

raq-sv
    Participant

Thanks frosty. Yes, it’s both front and rear. Since they are height adjustable, I don’t want to slam the rear. Just trying to keep it balanced. It acutally rubs the rear fenders if I sit 7 people in the van 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.