Seat mechanism recall on 2004-2006's

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Seat mechanism recall on 2004-2006's

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  QuestDriver 12 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mobil1
    Participant

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Business/2005/10/18/1266893-sun.html

Nissan recalling minivans

Tue, October 18, 2005

By AP

WASHINGTON — Nissan Motor Co. said yesterday it will recall more than 100,000 minivans because of problems with a seat-adjustment mechanism that could cause a finger injury.

The automaker said the recall affects about 118,000 Quest minivans from the 2004-2006 model years in the United States and Canada.

Someone adjusting the second-row seat in an unusual manner, such as standing outside the vehicle, could have their finger pinched when moving the metal mechanism, Nissan said.

The automaker said there have been 10 reported injuries, causing cuts and scrapes.

Nissan, in a report to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, said it found some owners were trying to fold the second-row seats flat and “by using the wrong handle to fold the seat, there is a potential to pinch a finger in the moving seat adjustment mechanism.”

About 35,000 of the vehicles from the 2004-05 model years will be subject to a second recall involving brackets in the third-row seat. The company said there was a possibility the brackets could become detached, raising the risk of injury in some crashes.

There have been no reported injuries linked to the third-row seat, a Nissan spokesperson said.

The recalls are expected to begin in December.

Research firm J.D. Power and Associates in a survey of 2005 models reported the Quest was the most improved vehicle model in quality.

QuestDriver
    Keymaster

I saw this was a complaint on the NHTSA database for awhile, and now it’s a real recall. Has anyone had difficulty with their seats? Child seats went into my second row pretty quickly, but I never found it tricky. 10/120000 seems not too bad. Glad they are addressing it though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.