Service Engine light

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Service Engine light

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  barrell 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jpulickal
    Participant

My 2005 quest started showing various symptoms such as AC fan control issues, Temperature issues, etc. When I took it to the mechanic, he told me that my ECM is rusted and he blamed it on mouse sleeping on the warm module. Since it was in warranty, they replaced it. Now after another year, Service Engine Soon light turned on. I took it to a diagnostic center, and they replaced the oxygen sensors according to the error code. The check engine light is still on. Does anybody know of any other failure that causes it. Is it again the rusty ECM? Please help

dtownfb
    Participant

This could be so many things. I would contact the diagnostic center and let them know your “check engine” light is still on. It could be as simple as they did not reset the code or you haven’t had enough “start-ups” to clear the code on it’s own. Or it could be an entirely new code. You won’t know until they check it out again. And they should do it for free.

Ask for the code number as well.

2004 Quest S

barrell
    Participant

One thing you can consider doing is to go to a local parts store and see if they will pull the codes for you. There are a couple of national chain parts stores that will do it for free.

————————————————————–
    Some cars are fast, some cars are fun…. …my Miata is not fast.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.