Shaking

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  prgonzalez 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

drewcycles
    Participant

I have a 2002 Quest..And as I’m driving and look in the rear view mirror I can see that my back seats are shaking, I can’t feel the shake up front, it’s just in the rear, I just bought new tires a month ago, so that’s not it..Rear shocks? Any ideas?

gsanchezmst3

My wife’s 05 Quest is doing the same thing, I haven’t a clue what it is. I’m going check to see if maybe the rack and pinion need to be replaced. If I end up replacing them, I’ll post whether or not it improved.

Gary

prgonzalez
    Participant

These vans ’99 to ’02 eat rear shocks for breakfast. It is possible you have bad rear shocks. One clue is how was the wear on the old set of tires. Another is with another car driving behind your van is to watch the bouncing of the rear tires. Or, just unmount the shocks and test them by hand. It is less than 30 mins work per side. However, if the shocks are wet, replace them.

blockmachining
    Participant

Just a troubleshooting suggestion. Rotate your rear tires to the front and see if the shake/bounce is now felt in the steering wheel. If so, it’s your tires. If not, then you have confirmed the rear suspension/shocks/struts.

dtownfb
    Participant

Is your back seat shaking or do you feel a vibrating in the steering wheel? If the steering is vibrating especially when braking, the most likely cause is the rotors warping. And it could be either the front or back rotors.

prgonzalez
    Participant

Tires go out of round because of bad shocks/struts. If you confirm your tires are our of round, you will have to replace tires and shocks and struts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.