so much wrong, electrical, alignment, tires… help!

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1993 – 1998 Nissan Quest so much wrong, electrical, alignment, tires… help!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gassguzzlr 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Vando

I got this vehicle from my mom a few years ago and I’ve been taking care of it. But I let it go in the last year and now I need SO much work on the vehicle.

– 4 new tires :$300
    – Alignment :90
    – Seat electrical is dead :$?
    – Electrical to lock back hatch door is broken :$?
    – Cd player will randomly turn on, change to radio or not eject my cd’s :$?
    – When I turn steering wheel, entire under of car makes a loud dut dut dut, rapid, deeper, clicking sound. THIS didn’t happen until after they changed my started TWICE.

The bluebook for my quality of vehicle is 1400 -2000. [209,000+miles]
    I have a few major stains on the inside carpet. Everything else is a great condition.

Is it worth getting these things fixed?… in order to sell it hopefully for 2000 and then buy a new used vehicle. hopefully not a 95.

peace, misha

gassguzzlr

This is totally your choice based on your situation, needs and personality. How far do you travel and how often? Do you even need a minivan? The sound you’re hearing when you turn the wheel is probably worn CV joints on the front axles. It’s a common thing for them to wear out on front wheel drive vehicles. The rebuilt replacement axles don’t cost too terribly much, but it’s a fairly labor intensive job. The tires are a safety issue and should be replaced, but every vehicle needs tires at some point. The other problems you listed are debatable depending on your needs and what it would cost to fix them. I go through this debate every time my hail-damaged ’98 Villager has a problem. You have to weigh the cost of the repair against the value of the vehicle AND what a replacement vehicle would cost INCLUDING taxes, insurance, fuel etc. Personally, I like having a vehicle that I don’t have to worry about anything happening to it, but it’s also nice to have a newer vehicle that looks better and has more safety equipment. In addition to the blue book value, try to get a real world value on your van by seeing what others like are selling for on craigslist, ebay, trader online, etc. Good luck with your choice.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.