steering wheel vibration at 60-65 mph after brake job on 2005 quest

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest steering wheel vibration at 60-65 mph after brake job on 2005 quest

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dtownfb 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mark Lane
    Participant

always let Nissan dealership work on my 2005 quest – needed disc brakes on front and back – dealership was $440.00 so let Midas do the job at $325.00 – after work is done I have a steering wheel vibration at 60-65 mph – went to Discount tire to fix – could not fix so they replaced all 4 tires (new tires) – vibration is still there – could Midas have done something to make this happen – need HELP.

dtownfb
    Participant

I’m assuming that Discount Tires tried to balance the tires. I hope you needed new tires….

I had a similar situation on my 2004 Quest and a bad bushing on the front lower control arms was the problem. I replaced control arms (bushing is not replaceable) and the vibration went away. I would buy the control arms online and have a mechanic replace them for you. Pretty straight forward.

Mark Lane
    Participant

The quest did not do this util after Midas worked on the brakes – could they have do anything to cause this?

dtownfb
    Participant

It could easily be a problem with the rotors or brake installation. Basically, they need to go back and “check their work”. It happens. My 2004 Quest eats through brakes, both front and rear. I would give Midas a chance to fix the problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.