Suddering issues

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dtownfb 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pandkm
    Participant

I have an 2004 Quest. 132K milee on it.
    Still has orginal plugs and wires.

There is no engine light on.

Yesterday on the way to work it lost power at speed, got so that floor boarded it had low rpm and was only doing 2 mph. Would not make it up the slight incline. Would not backup. Had it towed home.

Last night I was able to get it started and drive it around the block, on the way back to the house did the same thing. Managed to get it back in the drive way.

Tonight it will not even hardly idle. It died three times, finally I managed to baby it and keep it runnning. It was really rough reved up and down even with me holding the throttle steady. If I gave it too much gas it would die.

Seems things about maybe a transmission problem, ECM problem, Cat Covertor, Plugs and Wires, Camshaft position sensor, fuel injectors.

Anyone has a good way to know where to start and how to test.

Thanks
    Paul

dtownfb
    Participant

Are you sure there are no “check engine” lights on or other lights? Everything you mentioned would trigger the “check engine” light. If you have a code reader or access to one, I would check to see if any codes are stored.

I had a similar problem and it was the crankshaft position sensors but it triggered the “check engine” light.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.