The Old TPMS Question

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest The Old TPMS Question

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  daleowenss 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

FoamieOmie

I have a 2004 Quest S that has the tire pressure warning light on. When I check the system it says I have a flat tire which I know is not true. I did have a few tires put on but they are not flat. I will check the pressure in all of them tonight but the “flat tire” diagnostic is what’s throwing me. What’s the best way to get the system to at least gauge the pressure correctly so I can get the tires psi set correctly. Thanks!

JackL

It’s not saying you have a flat tire; it’s saying you have a tire with pressure below the minimum which I have read is 27 psi although I don’t think the manual says that. The signals can also be interrupted by spurious radio signals. There is a place between Austin and Dallas that my warning often shows up but it will go off in a few miles. I don’t even bother to stop and check anymore. Of course the TPMS system could be defective.

donnynlc
    Participant

If you scroll through the maint. button near the radio controls it will tell you the pressure in each tire… sometimes it will show a * instead of a number, that means its not reading anything from the sensor at all and it may have to get replaced. I would bring each tire to the recommended pressure… the warning light should go off right away when you put the ingition in the on position..

FoamieOmie

Ok, I will check the tire pressure again and maybe the sensor is bad as I do believe there are ** and then says Flat Tire. I can’t remember what all the maintenance readings were for the tires off-hand. Will look at lunch. I know none of the tires are that low. All seem to be properly inflated. Thanks for the replies! I just got this van so I’m sure I will be chatting in here a bit more.

dtownfb
    Participant

The likely problem is one of the TPMS sensors have gone bad. I have the same issue on my 2004 Quest. The technician at Sam’s Club noticed it when changing my tires. The sensor will work for a little bit and then register “*”. I simply check the tire pressure once a month or so (like the old days) to make sure everything is fine.

FoamieOmie

Thought I had a tire gauge in the van but will check the tires tonight if I get a chance after Halloween with the kid and all. I did check and the 3 tires that register are above 27 psi but one is **. What is the ideal psi again?

dtownfb
    Participant

Double check the label on the driver door but the cold pressure should be 35 psi.

FoamieOmie

One of my tires was at 29.5 psi. Got it to 35.5 and light went out. All tires at 35.5 cold. Thanks for the help!! Have some other questions on the board if anyone has time to look.

dtownfb
    Participant

Not sure where oyu live but with colder weather coming, I would check the tire pressure once a week or so just to make sure noting is wrong with one of your tires. Don’t rely on the TPMS; use your own gage I noticed TPMS will read low.

Good luck

daleowenss
    Participant

Guaging sensor must be altered I think. Its not working and so its not able to display the exact condition of Tyre. I think You should get it checked from mechanic.
    Exterminators bed bugs nyc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.