Throttle Body and Trottle Position Sensor

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Throttle Body and Trottle Position Sensor

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  twinblown 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

casarez37
    Participant

I have really enjoyed having the Quest. After shopping around I still believe we made the best choice over all the rest. Ours has about 120,000 miles on it and now we have run into some sensor issues. After replacing both camshaft sensors we solved the original problem that we started with but caused another. It has to do with the throttle position sensor according to a scanner. I called two different dealers to inquire on cost and location and was told by both that I would have to replace the whole throttle body. If that will correct my problem I don’t mind doing that, but I have heard there is a re-learn process for other vehicles. Would some one know if there is anything like that for the Quest? And one more thing is there a service manuel for the Quest like from Chilton or Haynes. I can’t seem to find one. Thanks for the help with this.

twinblown

There is a procedure. This might help:
    BASIC SERVICE PROCEDURE
    2006 Quest
    Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning EBS00QVW
    DESCRIPTION
    Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning is an operation to learn the fully closed position of the throttle valve by monitoring the throttle position sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness connector of electric throttle control actuator or ECM is disconnected.
    OPERATION PROCEDURE
    1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
    2. Turn ignition switch ON.
    3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
    Make sure that throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.