Tire Pressure light

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dtownfb 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

eddiefico
    Participant

I have a 2006 Nissan Quest van and the Tire Pressure light is on.I have checked the air pressure but the light is still on.What can the matter be. Thanks

dtownfb
    Participant

Make sure you have enough air in the tires. The cold tire pressure for the Quest is 35 psi (see inside driver door to confirm). I think the TPMS light goes off when it drops below 27 psi. A cold morning can drop the tire pressure.

mmmbrown625
    Participant

I see you posted this in November ~ as temps drop outside, your tires need more air. I always have to put a bit more air in the tires of my ’07 Quest as it gets colder out. I believe the previous comment said 37 lbs ~ that is right. The light should turn itself off as you reach the proper pressure.

jma4141
    Participant

I experienced this same problem after replacing my tires. The solution I found was to over inflate the tires by ten psi and after about a mile the light should go out. Then reduce the psi to the proper specs.

Joe

DSA Jr.
    Participant

Have a 2007 and just had new tires, alignment, front roters turned and new pads. Still during light braking the steering wheel shakes?? Could this be a suspension issue like a bearing or joint worn out? Baffled.

NYQuest
    Participant

Replace the rotors or your back rotors could be warped as well.

mrbigbri
    Participant

posted in wrong section

teds

My 2007 quest vibrates when pressing the brakes going down, thats normal its the ABS brakes. You can feel it in your steering and brake pedal.

dtownfb
    Participant

the steering wheel shaking when pressing the brakes is NOT normal. It could be a sign of warped rotors, loose calipers or pads, or other problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.