Tranny fluid recommendation?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Tranny fluid recommendation?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cirrus 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pitteach
    Participant

I am going to change out the tranny fluid in the ’05 Quest 4 speed 132,000 mi. I was going to use the Nissan Matic D, but the dealer does not stock it. The guy at the desk told me to just use dexron III. I went shopping and found many options. Anyone have any suggestions. Is the basic Penzoil product ok? I was also looking at the Mobil 1 product. Anyone have experience using other products besides Nissan with good or bad results?

Thanks

Carzzz
    Participant

Are you still on original fluid/tranny?
    My 05 Quest uses Matic D and only 60k km, and changed twice.
    It is true that Matic D = Dexron III.
    I would try Valvoline Maxlife ATF, and many good reviews from users.

cirrus
    Participant

I used Walmart Supertech brand for Dexron III. The cheaper price allowed me to do a flush first since I did the first change at 60k. Then I put a combination of Walmart Supertech Dexron III and Supertech High Mileage Dexron III. The van shifts smoothly and no slippage.

Here is my thinking. All the fluids sold in N America have to meet certain standards. Also I am thinking Supertech is probably produced by one of the few oil refineries that make all the other XYZ brands. Its not like Walmart opened their own oil refinery to make these oils.

But at the end, this is one of those ‘feel good’ decisions you have to make.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.