trouble with power window & doors

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest trouble with power window & doors

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Canada-Q2005 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hebegb70
    Participant

I have a strange problem with my 04 quest-sl.
    Passenger window will not work – replaced driver & passenger switches and checked motor. Motor works when fed directly, neither switch works, passenger switch is not back-lit.
    Power sliding door and rear door are not working, initializing procedure didn’t work.
    Power door lock switches are not working either, key fob opens & closes locks but will not open or close windows.
    Drivers switch controls driver window and rear vents only.
    Please help!

mikinben
    Participant

Hi Hebegb70,
    I’m having the exact same problem that you were experiencing.Can you please let me know if you were able to fix it. I’d really appreciate it. I’ve had no luck and it’s driving me nuts.

Really hope to hear back from you!!
    Thank In Advance

Canada-Q2005
    Participant

My passenger sliding door was very hard to open and the motor could not close it – it would reverse and re-open.

I ended up finding that the middle hinges on both sliding doors were rusted and seized, more on the passenger side.

I removed the middle hinges, lubricated them thoroughly and worked them with two prying bars then by hand until they started working back and forth easily. Sprayed the hinges with lithium grease and put back on.

As to the windows, they work, but if auto-closed, they both re-open by 2 inches. I was told it’s the pinch sensors, but did not bother looking into that further.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.