Update to Navigation Software

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Update to Navigation Software

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  kbmonarch 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

RamonOsborn

I just bought a 2007 SE. How do I tell the version of the GPS software and how do I get an update if there is one?
    Thx

Best_Shot
    Participant

Could you please clarify what you wanted to do? Do you mean update the MAP data or update the software of the navigation unit itself?

My guess is you want to update the MAP disc – if that is the case, the navigation unit is located at the bottom of the front passenger seat. you should be able to see the navigation opening, press EJECT button, and the map disc will come out. On the disc, you should be able to see what MAP version you have, then you can go to http://www.zenrin.com IF you want to purchase or know more about the MAP disc update.

But if your question is how to upgrade the software of the navigation unit, my question then is why? I don’t think there is a need to update the software of the navi unit UNLESS you did something really crazy on the unit, and you damaged the software somehow – if that is the case, you may need to go to the dealership to fix the software..

I hope this helps…

RamonOsborn

Thanks Best_Shot…you’re so smart! you not only knew the answer, you could interpret my question. Yes, I meant the map data. I assumed since I have a 2007 model SE that the data had changed. Thanks again.
    RamonOsborn

Best_Shot
    Participant

Yes, Ramon… at least, once a year, map updates are available. A friendly advice though: if you don’t travel a lot, and the current map disc is not leading to any “dead ends” or wrong ways, you probably don’t need any updates YET. But if you travel a lot outside your familiar places, and you want the most up-to-date map, then go ahead and update the map. For me personally, I think every 2-3 years warrant a map update, but not every year…

jgraham842@aol.com
    Participant

My 2007 Murano GPS needs to be updated. Where do I go to purchase the DVD’s to do this?

Thanks

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

Is built in solution really superior to a handheld with free maps?

estabulla
    Participant

No. But it is nicely integrated as opposed to carrying a handheld. It is additional cost.

vaallyy

I need a Updates for Nissan Map Data DVD X6.0

millermax10
    Participant

Yeah, it’s really nice because then your hands can be free when driving, which is so much safer. I always try to keep my hands free as possible for obvious reasons. It would be nice if every time I buy software I get something with this much value.

Udister

Hi either you can buy cd on ebay or buy iphone with data package and lode tom tom’s software.The best, forget about gps in the car

kbmonarch
    Participant

How do I know what version of map dvd to buy?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.