User Database Purged

New Topics Forums Site News and Notices Announcements User Database Purged

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  QuestDriver 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

QuestDriver
    Keymaster

We had a ton of bot-users that seemed to never post or comment, so I did a massive purge to clean up the database and get the site performing a bit better. If this impacted you, I apologize: you’ll need to recreate your account.

This is being done in part to ease our transition to a new hosting provider. Expect more changes in the days and weeks ahead.

QuestDriver
    Keymaster

Our test of new hosting facilities is going well. We may move the site as early as tonight.

QuestDriver
    Keymaster

Someone diligently pointed out that emails haven’t been sent out since this hosting move. I have fixed the problem; however if for whatever reason more than 200 bots register in a day email may get delayed. Currently we get about 2 day so we should be good for awhile.

Which brings me to point #2 – I purged spammers again. Keep in mind you don’t need to register if you’re not posting or replying to anything. Fact is, if you register and don’t contribute, your account will be purged periodically.

QuestDriver
    Keymaster

Another purge of spammer and idle accounts. As far as I can tell, we seem to be doing a decent job of catching the spam before it’s published. Bear in mind you do not need an account to be a lurker, but if you do create one, it will be deleted in the purge as we simply delete anyone without a published comment or post.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.