Water pump replacement problem with Pulley Bolt

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1993 – 1998 Nissan Quest Water pump replacement problem with Pulley Bolt

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  prgonzalez 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

metfan25
    Participant

I have a 93 Quest. I have crankshaft bolt that is stuck, which way does it turn Left of Right? thanks

prgonzalez
    Participant

I am kind of confused with your question. You replaced the water pump but you are asking about a crankshaft bolt. Your question also states a problem with the pulley bolt.

I will assume you mean the pulley attached to the water pump in this case. Each bolt removes as any other bolt, turning to the left.

jasew503
    Participant

I think what he’s saying is that he is attempting to replace the water pump, but he is having trouble removing the Crankshaft Pully bolt to remove the belt. I had this same issue on a VG30DE and used an large compressor and air impact wrench to break the bolt lose with one “tap” so i could remove the timing covers. The bolts and nuts move COUNTER CLOCKWISE (to the left) to remove.

prgonzalez
    Participant

For the crankshaft pulley bolt, I used a large breaker bar supported on the floor. I disconnected all plugs and I cranked the engine with the starter. The rotation of the crankshaft will loose the bolt. The idea is not to start the engine, but use the starter as a power tool.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.