What did you do to your first/second gen today?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest What did you do to your first/second gen today?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lokahi117 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

charlesshen
    Participant

this forum could use a post like this one

charlesshen
    Participant

today i upgraded my front 6×8″ to 3-ways upgraded, replaced the rear 4″ speakers with 3-way 6×8″s and upgraded the subwoofer as well i added two cheap 6″subs for now which i plan on upgrading later

photo CAM00086.jpg

prgonzalez
    Participant

I did a similar upgrade. I replace front and rear speakers with Kickers 2-way 6×8 and the sub with a Bazooka 6″ 100-Watt double 2-ohm coils installed in parallel to provide 1-ohm compatibility with the factory amplyfier. I have been thinking on replacing the factory sub-amp later.

Hey, while you had the panels removed, you forgot to apply Dynamat to the inside of the skins. You should ride my ’99 Quest. It is miles away more silent ride than my wife’s Acura Hi-Tech MDX, it is awesome.

If you haven’t, you need to upgrade the main unit and intall a unit with HandFree bluethoot. My 8200 Pioneer Handfree is more sharp and clear in every call than the Handsfree of my wife’s Acura MDX.

I have replaced the dual-beam halogens with Infinity FX Bi-Xenon projectors w/Morimoto 55W ballasts. Yes, projectors!!! not bulb replacement. They provide Lo and Hi beams for a comfortable night hi-way ride. They are brighter than any current HID model of Acura/BMW/Lexus/… you name it. Here is the caviat is, while traveling at night, you will be scared by seeing how many deer is at the side of the hi-way that you did not know were there when riding with stock lights.

Pedro

charlesshen
    Participant

I definitely need to upgrade the sub’s amp and the head unit or amplify the out puts
    On the head unit because it really lacks the power

charlesshen
    Participant

photo CAM00133-1.jpg
    Just put a set of staggered 19″ WALD Streifen

cindy
    Participant

Lokahi117
    Participant

I cleaned the carpet using a 1 to 5 ration of ammonia to water. And it came out really good. I just sprayed it on, scrubbed with a brush, then let it sit for about 4 mins, then sucked it out with my shop vac. Then I rinsed it twice with hot water sprayed on there. Looks so much better!! I should have done this once every three months, and it would stay looking brand new.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.