Will engine code p0447 cause starting problems?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Will engine code p0447 cause starting problems?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  michitoffele84 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

karolroso
    Participant

Hello. I have 2008 Nissan Quest. I have engine code p0447, which I understand means that an improper voltage signal is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM) through Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) canister vent control valve.

However, the problem is with starting. In the morning after a cooler night ( I live in Florida) after I turn the key it takes about 3 to 5 cranks turns before the engine actually starts. In the afternoon after sitting in the hot sun all day it gets worse, sometimes up to 10 turns before it finally starts.

Will issues related to p0447 cause such behavior or is this something related perhaps to the fuel pump? I have a brand new battery, and the alternator’s functionality has been verified. Thank you so much for your help.

dtownfb
    Participant

I’m assuming there are no other codes. Here’s a bulletin for code P0447 for a Titan: http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/baddad1/2009-08-16_161202_Pages_from_ec.pdf

If this is the only code, it could be a matter of replacing the vent control valve.

karolroso
    Participant

It is the only code indeed, however, the question remains… Will engine code p0447 cause starting problems, or is it a separate issue all together. Thanks.

dwells
    Participant

I have the same problem with starting issues. Did you ever figure it out?

michitoffele84
    Participant

You mentioned also replacing distributor. Did you reset the timing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.