xm sat

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  joseblesa 10 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

breadmn
    Participant

anyone know exactly what is needed for 2007 quest sat radio that is prewired in factory stereo

joseblesa
    Participant

Go to Grubss Performance Parts, they have a list of items required to install the XM radio on Nissan QUESts 2004 and later models:

http://www.grubbsperformance.com/c/QuestAudio/QuestAudio.html

I just installed the XM radio for my 2007 Murano and purchased it from them. I want to install the XM radio on my wife’s 2007 QUEST however I have not seen as good instructions as I saw on the Muranos

DarkQVanner
    Participant

It seems with the tweaking that went into the 2007 from the 2006 Quest models, I’ve been behind the curve in attempting to find solutions with aftermarket suppliers. One in particular, out of NJ, has been a horrid experience so beware that supplier.

I’ve been to a couple of Nissan dealers who both came up short in having the unit/cables/harness/antenna in stock. When asked to order the missing parts, I was met with a blank stare and a mumbled, “okay, we’ll try”, meaning, ‘Get lost’.

So, no factory installation XM kit has been found by me at this date but the search will continue. I have a local installer who will do the install for a bargain $100 IF I can find all the elements from someone. I’ll try this grubbsperformance place next and thanks.

DarkQVanner
    Participant

Here’s a followup. The people at Grubbs did a good job in FINALLY getting me all the hardware necessary for installation into my 2007 Quest. Grubbs claimed the van was pre-wired for a straight-forward install but it wasn’t.

Finally, they sent out the wiring harness apparatus (about $40), which allowed the installation to go forward and be successful. Now, my van has the appearance and workability of the XM radio as if the factory did it.

Costs for the XM Radio kit was about $260 which includes the receiver, instructions (be sure to get those as well) and antenna. The antenna was mounted at the center of my dash, under the windshield (inside) and it works perfectly well in that location.

The installation was another $120 so overall, I got off cheap because the local Nissan dealers were quoting $300 for the install but they too, couldn’t get the right hardware to do the job in the first place! (Grrrr). So, it IS possible to get this done. Just know that you’ll have to jump through a few hoops to do it.

joseblesa
    Participant

Would it be possible to get a picture of how the antenna was installed at the ceter dash? I am interested to see how it looks before I make the installation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.