Yet another wheel question

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Yet another wheel question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CanadaQ2005 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Qtip
    Participant

Currently rolling steelies w/ wheel covers (ugh). Will wheels from a 2003 Altima work? Anyone know the specs of these wheels? Offset?

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

Mind the weight:

Altima – 2983 lbs
    Quest – 4059 lbs

Qtip
    Participant

…its not a good idea?

Iodonzs

I’m not the expert, but I believe that the weight issue would only be an issue for the tire. Put the appropriate tire for the Quest on (proper rating, etc) and I would imagine that you’d be fine.
    Sorry I don’t have any stats or facts to base this on…just what I understand of Tires.
    Let us know what you find out.

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

Well, I have not researched the issue, but I was hinting at the dramatic difference in weight between Altima and Quest, which also can carry lots of load.

The best course of action is to ask dealer for the OEM part # for Altima and Quest wheels. If the part # is the same – use them, if different – skip.

If your wheel shattered on the HW and you ended up in the ditch, the insurance company could become dodgy if your wheels were from a different, much lighter vehicle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.